North Somerset Partnership Older People's Strategy 2011-2017
The North Somerset Partnership is working on a new older people's strategy for the district. It will be a six year strategy from April 2011 to March 2017.
The North Somerset Partnership brings together representatives from the public, business, voluntary and community sectors.
The strategy will set out what the Partnership plans to achieve in relation to services for older people. It will explain the outcomes we hope to see and how we plan to achieve them. The aim of the strategy is to meet the different needs of older people living in North Somerset.
As part of our work on the new strategy, we have looked at what older people have told us are the important things for them. We have also looked at what residents in North Somerset have told us and have taken into account what we know will be the important issues for local services. From this we have put together a list of principles and priorities around what the strategy will focus. We would like to find out what you think about what we are proposing.
The results of this consultation is now available in the report of results document. The project board consulted by a variety of means:
- via groups and organisations whose remit includes working closely with older people
- at existing groups attended by older people, including the Senior Community Link
- existing consultation mechanisms such as LINks and Joint Planning Groups
- via the council's Citizens' Panel, which is a regular forum for local residents to provide feedback on council services and proposed initiatives
- directly with residents through an advertisement about the consultation in the North Somerset Life magazine
- at residents' meetings in a sheltered housing scheme and an extra care scheme.
They received 824 responses in total. The responses have been grouped into themes for each question, for ease of understanding.
- Older People's Strategy 2011-2017 Consultation Document (45Kb)
Older People's Strategy 2011 to 2017 Consultation document
10 May 2010 11:41
- Consultation questionnaire (152Kb)
10 May 2010 11:42
- Result Report (168Kb)
This report contains a summay of the views of participants of the consultation on the North Somerset Partnership Older People's Strategy 2011 - 2017.
27 Jan 2011 12:04
|Name||North Somerset Partnership Older People's Strategy 2011-2017|
|Description||This consultation is seeking the views of older people on their experience of what older people want or need.|
|Dates||From 10 May 2010 at 09:00 to 30 Jul 2010 at 17:00.|
|Contact Name||Alun Davies|
|Job title||Planning Manager|
|Contact Telephone||01275 884 033|
|Aim of this consultation||To find the views of older people based on their experience of what older people want or need.|
|Close Date||30 Jul 2010 17:00|
|Consultation Topic||Social care - families, addictions, adoption and domestic abuse|
|Population group being consulted||Any resident of North Somerset|
|Data collection method||Questionnaire, Document upload (feature of this software)|
|Geographical area||Geography not relevant|
|Context for this consultation||This consultation is taking place now to enable older people's views to be incorporated in the Older People's Strategy 2011 - 2017|
|How to obtain results||People are asked to leave contact details if they require a copy of the report|